Sunday, January 8, 2012

Shouldn't I be happy?

I can't sleep. I feel ashamed of myself. I'm hurting emotionally and I have no reason to be.

I know that the fact that I am cancer free is still fresh news, but I think I should feel happy. But I don't. I feel everything but happy. I feel sad, scared, depressed, anxious, and angry. Everything BUT happy. 

WTF is wrong with me? Am I broken? Who finds out their battle with cancer is finally over and spends 4 solid days crying? Me. Why? No idea.

I have kept this emotional upheaval a secret from everyone but then my mom called me and I completely fell apart on the phone. Granted there were other factors involved that had me feeling a bit emotional, but for the most part it was all over my confusion from being cancer free. I bawled while I talked to my mom, and she didn't sound the least bit surprised that I was feeling this way. She was very kind and supportive of me, explaining that it was going to take time to sink in. 

All I know is I feel horrible for not being anything but happy. I'll talk to my therapist about it and see if I'm normal or not. 

The honest truth is that I just don't know what to do now. How do I move forward? Cancer has consumed my life, my calendar, my medicine cabinet and so much more, and now it's just gone. So what now?

7 comments:

Cal said...

It is an emotional roller-coaster, and difficult to level the emotions when one is dealing with cancer news, even the good ones!

Noreen said...

Really I appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge. The topic here I found was really effective to the topic which I was researching for a long time.

Ford IDS said...

It’s best suited time to create some strategies for that potential also it is time getting happy. i have look at this educational article and if I could I desire to advise you some fascinating concerns or advice. possibly you can create subsequent content articles referring to this article. I desire to look at even much more concerns about it!%%%

john said...

Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was searching for!Very fantastic information can be found on your blog .

arman said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I am waiting to read even more about this topic. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Thanks for sharing.

nina said...

actually that is very interesting information and i would love to have more stuff like that and i will wait for more updates.

sheen said...

You are doing a fabulous job keep it up and i am waiting for latest updates from you,,,,and

your blog is provides me alot of worthwile information about this topic and stuff like

that,,,,,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...