Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pathology results

Well I got the pathology results from my 2dn surgery. They removed 81 lymph nodes in total. I was originally told a lesser number (Did you know we have thousands in our body? Who knew?) and found cancerous ones of course and some that were clean, but 8 of them tested positive for a completely unrelated cancer. My surgeon has never had a patient with this kind of cancer so she was unsure what the next step will be. My radiation is on Oct 23rd but she has to speak with her colleagues to see if that will remain or if I will need to start chemo instead. So basically I left with more questions than I had to begin with. The new cancer is metastatic adenocarcinoma (not even a thyroid cancer). She said all she knows is that that kind generally presents inthe ovaries/lung/colon/brain, but has no further specifics on it. I think I am going to have to do some research on my own and see if this has happened to anyone else? But now I am just unsure of what to do. I guess I just wait to hear back from her about what it all means and what is next for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...